My Life in Dog Years Book Review by Krish

Have you been a dog lover your whole life? Then you should check out My Life in Dog Years. My Life in Dog Years is a memoir about Gary Paulsen's life through his relationship with his dogs. Each dog represents a chapter in Gary Paulsen's life from his childhood to dog sledding in Alaska. With many heartwarming tales about his dogs, this book explores the bond between a man and his dog.

I always love dogs and that is one of the main reasons I loved this book. I liked learning about the different dogs he had and about them. The author also does a good job of giving a human type of feeling to the dogs with each one having a different and unique type of personality. Another thing I liked about this book is the way the dogs represent how Paulsen has evolved as a character. I also think that this book would interest people who don’t love dogs. The main reason for this is that this book talks a lot about loyalty, life, love, and companionship, and you may enjoy reading about that regardless of dogs. This book may also give people who don’t like dogs a different perspective about dogs and may even cause them to like dogs. Overall, I would give this book a 10/10 and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good book to read.


Comments

  1. Hey Krish, nice job, I love dogs as well and I think that they truly are man's best friend. Can't wait to start reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krish. I also love dogs a lot but unfortunately have never owned one (😭). I also loved Gary Paulsen's books (especially Hatchet) and would love to read this book sometime. He's lucky he has plural dogs and I wish he would give me one.
    Good job Krish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a book devoted to dogs before, this seems like a very interesting read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games Catching Fire: Book Review By Krish

Robenas Tadesse's Top 3 Recommended Books to Read Over the Summer