Krish book review

 Evil Under the Sun

Evil Under the Sun is a whodunit classic written by Agatha Christie. In Evil Under the Sun, the famous detective Hercules Poirot travels to a resort to relax. At the resort, a former actress named Arlena Marshall, who is portrayed as a self-centered person who causes people to not like her, is found strangled on the beaches of the resort. With everyone at the resort having an alibi, it is up to Hercules Poirot to find out who did this murder. 


This book is one of my favorite detective novels. I have always been a fan of whodunit books and have recently decided to revisit them. The main thing I like about this book is how it keeps you in suspense till the end. Once I picked up this book, I only felt like putting it done once I found out who did it. Another thing Agatha Christie does well is how she writes the novel in a way where we are in the detective shoes ourselves and you can almost imagine yourself trying to solve the case.  This involves you more in the journey and allows you to create your own list of suspects alongside the detectives. Another thing I like is how all the explanations of how Hercules Poirot found who did it are logical. His reasoning is not too over the top, but at the same time, not too difficult for us to understand. 


Overall, I feel like Evil Under the Sun is an amazing book with Agatha Christie, with all the ingredients for a whodunit book. It is well-written, has suspense, and makes you want to read the book from start to finish. I would give Evil Under the Sun a 10/10 and recommend it to anyone who likes detective novels.




Comments

  1. This book sounds really interesting Krish. I have read a book by Agatha Christie before it was really fun and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krish, this book seems pretty intriguing! Especially the part about how it is almost a bit interactive in the sense that you get to play along with Hercules, trying to solve the mystery until the very end. Based off of your review, the plot reminds me a lot of the sequel to the movie "Knives Out". It's also a murder mystery that's set in sort of a nice, relaxing retreat. The last place you would suspect such a serious crime take place. There's also a main protagonist in the movie that sounds a lot like Hercules Poirot. For me, I had a lot of fun trying to figure out who the culprit was and being involved while watching the film. If you liked this book, I would definitely recommend checking out the Knives Out movies, especially the second one: "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery". The first movie is good too, I just thought according to your summary the sequel seemed to have a lot more in common with this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krish, this review makes this book out to seem very interesting! As someone who used to be especially interested in this genre, you've definitely piqued my interest here. Looking through your comments, I noticed that Charlotte made the comparison to the Knives Out movie, and I concur with that comparison. But returning to your review, I completely agree with your opinion that "like is how all the explanations of how Hercules Poirot found who did it are logical. His reasoning is not too over the top, but at the same time, not too difficult for us to understand." I think when the book allows you to make judgements and suspicions, it makes for a much better book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krish! I like how the book makes you feel like you're the one solving the mystery and as you said, "puts you in the detective's shoes". I will surely read this book because of your great blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games Catching Fire: Book Review By Krish

Robenas Tadesse's Top 3 Recommended Books to Read Over the Summer

My Life in Dog Years Book Review by Krish