My Top 3 Favorite Books of All Time - A review by Linden


My Top 3 Favorite Books of All Time

-Linden

        I've read a lot of books in my life, and I mean A LOT of books. Of course there are plenty of books that I have absolutely loved, but these 3 are my all-time favorites.

3

Andy Weir, Project Hail Mary 


        Now, since I've already written a review on this book as my first review of the year (Go check it out on The G's blog if you're interested) I will try to keep my yapping on this novel to a minimum. That being said, Project Hail Mary has to be the best Sci-Fi story I have read. What I love about it is the futuristic yet plausible setting (and let's be real, there's not much plausibility in most Sci-Fi stories). This story has lots of characters that you grow to love, and although this book has almost 500 pages, you still feel sad for their story to be finished. This book also tends to digress into science at some parts, so warning if you're not a science fan. That being said, if you're a person who likes Sci just as much as Fi, this is the perfect book for you.

2

Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and Olympians: The Lightning Thief 



        Did you really expect not to find this book on this listThis book is just a childhood classic for me. I fell in love with this book from the first page. The writing is just amazing and really gets you to love, lose, and laugh with the characters. It focuses on a 6th grade boy who finds out he is related to a Greek god. He has to go on a journey with his friends to prove his innocence to the gods who are falsely angry at him before a superterrestrial war starts. It has a compelling story that inspired me learn a lot about Greek mythology. Overall the easiest 10/10 ever. As you see from the current condition, it's been read many times by me (and my dog -_-).

        


            

1

Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner 


            My favorite book has to be The Kite Runner. The story covers the arc of boy with life-long guilt from a terrible event he let happen to his childhood friend, in the context of modern Afghan history. Decades later, long after moving to the USA, he is called by a friend to look after the son of that childhood friend, hoping to set himself even and end his guilt. This book is very heavy and sad, not only in its story, but in the time frame of all the horrific events that happened in Afghanistan (Soviet Invasion, Taliban takeover). I would definitely not recommend this for someone looking for a light and simple read. However, for those that enjoy a sad novel, this book is perfect. The writing is also impeccable and sounds almost poetic (impressive for someone writing this in a second language in my opinion). 

 

Comments

  1. Hail mary seems like it is very good. I hope I get a chance to read it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percy Jackson is an all time classic and its something that people who haven't read it should. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games Catching Fire: Book Review By Krish

Robenas Tadesse's Top 3 Recommended Books to Read Over the Summer

My Life in Dog Years Book Review by Krish